Sunday, July 3, 2016

A Frosty Raglan Morning

Cloud waterfalls

With the winter solstice having come and gone, the days feel short as the sun still never really overcomes the morning chill. As the first light appears on the western coast of New Zealand, a thick layer of frost creates a glowing snowflake pattern as the light passes through the van windows. My face peering out of my sleeping bag like an owl in a tree, I couldn’t be bothered to leave the comfort of my bed. Bundled in my sleeping bag with thermals, a sweater, jacket, down jacket, and a comforter across me I couldn’t say that I was too hot or too cold.


Frosty
Opening the van door, the morning chill rushed into the van causing me to shiver. Stepping outside, a thick layer of frost remains elusive in the shadows across the hilly landscape. Picking up my wetsuit slung over wire fence, it was stiff from the frost subtly hinting that I wasn’t surfing this morning.

“Guess I’m not that hardcore of a surfer,” I tell myself.

These are some photos from the last little while chasing swells and getting lost on country roads during the month of June.

Winter fruit

Fix a flat - broke down somewhere 




Morning cuppa



The cleanest lines







Van life

Perfection



No comments:

Post a Comment